Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Sister Box and Soft Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

As most of you know I used to be in the Army, so I know how hard it is to be away from family and friends for a training exercise. My sister is currently at JRTC in Ft. Polk, LA for a month and finally gets to come home in a few days! I thought it would be nice to send her a few goodies so she feels loved and missed when she returns to her apartment. I even made her some amazing Soft Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, per her request. I am so proud of my little sister and hope we get to see each other soon.

Soft Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (makes 3 dozen)

Ingredients:

- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup gradient sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3 cups flour (plus 3 tbsp at high altitude)
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cups raisins

1. Beat butter and sugars together until fluffy.
2. Add eggs and vanilla.
3. Add flour, baking soda, oatmeal and raisins. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. I used my 2 tbsp cookie scoop.
4. Bake for 8 minutes at 350 degrees.

 Creaming butter and sugars together

 Adding vanilla, eggs, baking soda, and oatmeal

 Oatmeal Raisin Dough

 Cookie dough formed

 Cookies ready to be packaged up!

 Soft Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

"Sister Box" completed with Ashley Brooke Designs tank, chalkboard labels, Owl tote, pens, notecards and chalkboard coasters

Enjoy!
Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment