Wednesday, April 23, 2014

DIY Pottery Barn Kids Artwork for Boys

On top of fixing up our laundry room, I also decided to re-do the boys' bathroom. It used to be Pottery Barn Kids "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" theme and now it is more grown up with pieces that can be changed as the boys get older. I will post the finished result once some backordered towels arrive next month! For now, I wanted to make my own PB Kids Inspired Artwork to hang. This project cost me NOTHING to make! Here is where my inspiration came from.

I used a canvas I had painted a picture of a bunny on from one of those "wine and painting" places. I painted over the canvas a plain navy blue with leftover paint from painting my son's nursery. I then asked a sweet friend of mine if she wouldn't mind cutting some letters out for me (using her awesome Silhouette machine) that said "Every Brother Is A Superhero" on some white cardstock - and she did - for FREE! We even made a play date out of it for our boys. Using Mod Podge I just placed the letters where I wanted them to be and glued them down. I am extremely pleased with the result and can't wait to share the rest of the bathroom re-do with you all!

 Painted canvas

 Placing cut letters on canvas with transfer paper

Finished Artwork!

Enjoy!
Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment