Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Easter 'Mod Podge' Eggs

I've been wanting to share my Easter/Spring decor but haven't had the time to complete it - until now! I made these cute Easter eggs to place in a basket and they are pretty easy to make, the hard part is waiting overnight for the 'eggs' to dry! You can use your eggs to make an Easter Egg Garland as well. I also found a super cute *free* printable for Spring!

Supplies

- Mod Podge (matte)
- sponge brush
- balloons
- yarn

1. Blow up a balloon to your desired 'egg' shape.
2. Using sponge brush, brush Mod Podge on balloon. Wrap yarn all over balloon and tie it off on itself.
3. Heavily coat balloon/yarn with more Mod Podge. Patiently wait for balloons to dry. (I placed mine in a cup)
4. Pop your balloons!

Mod Podge, sponge brush, balloons, yarn

 Evolution of the Easter Mod Podge Egg

 Letting my 'eggs' dry in cups (excuse the Christmas ones!)

 My decor! Wreath and 'Spring' banner from JoAnn's Fabrics, green basket from Hobby Lobby

My Eggs and Printable on display

Enjoy!
Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment