- 1 lb. ground beef/chicken/pork
- 1 can red enchilada sauce
- 1/2 can diced green chilies
- 1/4 of an onion, minced
- 2 boxes cornbread, made according to package
- 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp of each cumin, salt, pepper, garlic powder
- diced red onion
- diced avocado
- cour cream
- cheddar cheese
- fresh cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large skillet, brown your meat, and drain the grease.
3. Add cumin, salt, pepper, and garlic powder (or you can use a taco seasoning packet).
4. Add diced green chilies and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add enchilada sauce and allow to simmer for 10 minutes, while stirring often.
6. Grease a 9"x13" pan and add some of your cornbread mixture to cover the bottom.
7. Spoon your meat mixture on top, and then spread the rest of the cornbread mixture on top.
8. Bake for 30 minutes.
9. Serve with desired toppings!
Tamale Pie Casserole