Italian Drunken Noodles
- olive oil
- 1 lb. sausage, mild
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 orange pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 8 oz. Pappardelle noodles (I used butter noodles)
1. Heat about 2 tbsp. olive oil in a dutch oven and add your sausage. Cook until browned. Remove and place into a separate bowl.
2. Add your sliced onion with leftover sausage drippings until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
3. Add salt, Italian seasoning and pepper, stir to combine. Add your peppers and allow to cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add your garlic and cook until aromatic, then pour your wine and allow to reduce for a few minutes.
5. Stir in your diced tomatoes and return your sausage to the dutch oven.
6. Allow mixture to simmer for 4 minutes.
7. Turn off the heat and drizzle a good 2 tbsp. of olive oil as well as your basil and parsley.
8. Prepare noodles according to the directions. Gentle toss the noodles in with your sausage mixture.
Sliced peppers and onion
Browning the sausage
Browning onions, peppers and then adding the white wine
Heat off and parsley and basil added