Frito Snack Mix
- 2 cups Chex cereal (I used 3)
- 2 cups pretzels (I forgot to buy pretzels)
- 1 1/2 cups nuts (I used almonds, walnuts, peanuts)
- 1 cup mini M&Ms
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
1. Mix your Fritos, Chex, pretzels, and nuts together in a large bowl.
2. In a saucepan on medium heat, melt your butter, corn syrup, and brown sugar. Bring mixture to a boil and allow to boil for 4 minutes without stirring it (you may need to turn down the heat so mixture doesn't overflow).
3. Meanwhile, line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
4. Add brown sugar mixture to your Fritos mixture and mix well. Place half of the mixture on one baking sheet, and the other half on the other baking sheet.
5. Bake snack mix at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Stir your mixture up and bake for an additional 8 minutes.
6. Once completely cooled, break up your snack mix and place in a bowl or sealable container. Add your M&Ms.
Chex, nuts, and Fritos
Brown sugar mixture boiling
Mixing brown sugar mixture into snack mix
Sweet&Salty Frito Snack Mix