Sunday, December 9, 2018

Ribbon Tree How-To

I have been following this amazing Blogger for years and she always has the most beautiful, over-the-top, Christmas trees! She uses lots of ribbon and sprays/sprigs to make the tree look full and gorgeous. So, I watched about ten You Tube videos on how to put ribbon in my tree, and I think mine turned out beautiful, a little less understated than what I had planned in my head, and still kid friendly! I used 4 rolls of ribbon, all different types that complimented each other for my red/gold tree decor. We get a real tree every year, so I couldn't wrap my ribbon around each fake-tree sprig to have it stay. Instead, I bought green pipe-cleaners that I cut in thirds and wrapped the pipe cleaner around the ribbon and branch so it would stay. I cascaded my ribbon from the top of the tree towards the right, bunching my ribbon about every foot and tying it to the tree with a pipe cleaner. There are all types of ribbon configurations you can use - go as conservative or as crazy as you like! I bought quite a few sprigs to put in the tree at the top for more fullness and I love how it turned out. Below are some pictures of my process and the end result. Happy Holidays!

 Two ribbons pinched together and attached to a tree sprig with a pipe cleaner

Ribbon ends cut nicely at the end

Cascading ribbon towards the right

 Our tree!

Ribbon tree with sprigs at the top

Enjoy!
Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment