Sunday, February 23, 2014

Midnight Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug Snack

Midnight snacks... sigh... seem so long ago. But I am a mommy and my 'snack' or 'dessert' is really eaten around 8 pm - so who are we kidding, here?! My sweet friend, Reilly, posted a link to this amazingly, gooey, chocolate masterpiece: Microwave Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug. Naturally, I have been eating healthy for two weeks straight so it was high time for a "cheat" snack. And I am not sorry I gave in! So, if you are craving a chocolate chip cookie but don't want a couple dozen lying around, I highly recommend the cookie in a mug. I just wish I had made two mugs worth!

Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug

- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp. flour (plus 1/2 tbsp. at high altitude)
- 2 tbsp. chocolate chips

1. In a microwave safe mug, drop the butter in and slowly melt it in your microwave.
2. Once butter has melted add sugars, vanilla, and salt. Stir well.
3. Add egg yolk and flour. If your dough is too stiff, add a little milk to it.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Microwave cookie in a mug at 70% for 30 seconds. Add 10 seconds at 70% until you feel your cookie is ready.

Melted butter, sugars/vanilla/salt added, egg yolk added, flour and chocolate chips

 I stirred my cookie between microwave heatings, so its a little gooey here! 

Dig in!

So I am in love with the saying on my mug, "Ain't Nobody Got Time For That!" I was so excited to make these mugs as a craft with my friends, so I went out and bought plain white mugs and fun Sharpie markers. Turns out, Sharpies do not work on already glazed mugs... after you bake it to set the color, it rubs right off. In fact, nail polish remover will take it off completely. So, I tried it again with a gold paint pen. Worked a little better but it is still rubbing off as I use and wash the mug. DIY Fail. I guess I'll have to cough up $23 and buy the real mug

And, "Ain't Nobody Got Time For That!"

Enjoy!
Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment