Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day! I wanted to share with you all that I was a Guest Blogger on Living Locurto last week. I did a DIY step-by-step Valentine's Day placemat. You can see it here! Living Locurto is a very well-known children's DIY/crafts/food/children's parties/printables blogger who gets lots of views. I hope the exposure on her site will bring me more followers to my blog!

This morning I threw a Valentine's Play Date for my 3-year-old and his three little buddies. They made Valentine's Day Placemats and Leis. Then they ate cake and played!

The heart cake I made was just a box cake. I baked a square and a round cake, cut the round cake in half and created a Valentine's "heart." I dyed my frosting red and found a cute cake banner that I printed and stuck on the cake between two chopsticks (you can also use wooden skewers or lollipop sticks).

I hope you all hug and kiss your loved ones on this sweet Valentine's Day!

 Square cake and round cake cut in half to form a 'heart' shaped cake

Frosted heart cake with "Be Mine" banner 

 Table scape

 Placemat Supplies

 Carter and Kinley working on their placemats

Marley and Levi on top, and all the kids working hard! 

 Love how their placemats turned out!

Enjoy!
Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment