Sunday, February 2, 2014

Spicy Tailgate Dip

A while ago I was asked if I wanted to contribute a tailgate recipe for the West Point Women's Club (WPWC) annual cookbook. I submitted the recipe below that we make often in our crockpot that I got from a crock pot recipe book. It is super easy and delicious with tortilla chips. With the Super Bowl today, we are having some of my husband's work friends over, so of course I had to make this dip. I also doubled the recipe that I list below. I hope you enjoy it! GO BRONCOS!

If you are interested in ordering a cookbook, it is titled, "Eat, Drink, & Beat Navy." They are accepting pre-orders currently for a May book release. Go to this site, click on 'Cookbook,' print the order form and mail it off! 

Spicy Tailgate Dip

- 1lb. sausage
- 1 x 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 can Rotel (diced tomatoes and green chilies)
- tortilla chips

1. Brown your sausage, drain excess grease.
2. Place sausage in your crock pot with cream cheese and Rotel.
3. Cook on low for 2 hours. Serve hot with tortilla chips.

*We cooked ours in our le creuset because we have meatballs in our crockpot for the party! We have our pot on low for the same amount of time.

 Browning 2 lbs. sausage

 Cream cheese and Rotel (I have one more of each to double this recipe)

 Dip before all ingredients are mixed together

Spicy Tailgate Dip - just add tortilla chips!

Enjoy!
Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment