Monday, December 1, 2014

It's a Whimsy Christmas

This year I have been wanting to change up my holiday 'color scheme' to something more fun! In the past I have pretty much stuck to the traditional gold/red scheme. But this year, I saw this amazing tree on Pinterest in these fun bright colors and I just had to try it out. Bright blue, pink, and green are my colors this year! I bought a lot of my decor from Hobby Lobby, and ALL of their Holiday decor is 50% off. We have a small 4-5 ft. tree this year since we will be traveling during Christmas, so there wasn't too much extra room to work in a lot of decorating. I bought some extra ornaments in my color scheme and honestly, there just wasn't any room left on our tree to include them, so those went back to the store.

I made these two huge bows with blue, pink, and green ribbon and tied them at the top of the tree. Then I used extra pieces of ribbon and tied them with this 'twisty tie' stuff I found at Hobby Lobby to create cascading ribbons on the tree. I love it!

As for my mantle, I bought paper mache letters to spell "NOEL" and painted them with acrylic paint. Then, I just taped them onto our stocking holders. I made another bow out of the ribbon and attached it to one side of the garland. I found some clear and inexpensive (also 50% at Hobby Lobby) candlestick holders to display my Gumdrop Christmas Trees better over the garland. I also found some fun 'whimsy' extra decorating stuff to stick in my garland (as shown).

For my bar area, I made my own Ornament Wreath to hang in front of my mirror and purchased a semi-matching ornament tree at Target. My kids made a Gingerbread House to display. For my "Grinch Quote" Canvas, I painted an old canvas (from a Painting & Wine place) white and green and free-handed the quote with red acrylic paint. Easy to do!

We are so excited for the Holiday Season and I hope these decorating ideas help you out! Happy Holidays!

 Our Small Tree

 Bows

 "Snickers" the Elf is watching you... so you better be good!

 Ornament Wreath, tree, and Grinch canvas

 The Mantle: bow, gumdrop trees, "NOEL," and stockings hung with care

 Bow and gumdrop trees

NOEL (Merry Christmas in French)

Enjoy!
Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment