Sunday, December 14, 2014

DIY Gingerbread Scrub

What to get that teacher who spends patient hours with your child a few times a week for the holidays?! Gingerbread Sugar Scrub is here to save the day! This was easy to make and looks so cute in the little mason jar. I even used a holiday cupcake liner in the lid of the mason jar. Our school even provided the teachers a questionnaire that answered where they like to eat/shop/hobbies etc. So that helped me figure out what gift card to attach to their sugar scrub. Gift complete!

I did not use almond oil, instead I used extra coconut oil. I got a nice consistency and the ingredients smelled like Gingerbread until I added the coconut oil. I really think if I scooped some out and used it, I would smell more of the gingerbread. But who doesn't like smelling like coconut oil?! No complaints here! This recipe made enough for 2 of the mason jars showed below.

Gingerbread Sugar Scrub (makes 2 1/2 cups)

- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. all spice
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- lid with a jar

1. Mix all ingredients but your coconut oil together.
2. Slowly add your coconut oil to get the consistency you want in your scrub.
3. Place in a jar with a lid.
4. This link has an adorable free printable that I attached to my jar that reads "Gingerbread Sugar Scrub."

 Dry ingredients

 Gingerbread Sugar Scrub

Happy Holidays!

Enjoy!
Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment