Monday, November 10, 2014

Lego Ribbon Pull Piñata

Sorry I have been slightly MIA... I think the October Pinterest Challenge took it out of me! Well, be prepared to be in Lego overdrive - because I know a sweet little boy who is turning the big FOUR tomorrow and we will be celebrating with a "Lego" themed birthday party this weekend! I can't wait to share everything that I have done with you all. Of course my house is pretty much all decorated - but who doesn't like streamers all over the place for a whole week?!

I found this awesome tutorial on how to make a "Lego Ribbon Pull Piñata" on Pinterest. I wanted one that each kid could "pull" a ribbon because we live in Colorado, it's November, ain't nobody want to be outside smacking at a piñata! Here is a step-by-step on how to make yours! We filled ours with little bags of pretzels, gummy candy, and fruit snacks. To create the "Lego" signs on the front, I downloaded the font "Agency" and printed it italicized on construction paper.

Supplies

- diaper box, empty
- 6 soup cans, empty and washed
- packing tape
- tape
- crepe paper
- white paper
- glue gun
- craft wire
- ribbon
- Mod Podge
- snacks, candy


 Diaper Box with "X's" cut out and cans placed in about halfway, then glue gun them to stay in place

 Cut a "door" at one end and tie a piece of ribbon - this ribbon, when pulled, will open the door to the treats!

 Inside diaper box - cans taped closed

 On the opposite side of your treat door, add wire/rope to hold or hang your piñata by

 Mod Podge your white paper on the box and then use Mod Podge to cover your box

 Tape more pieces of ribbon so each child can 'pull' a ribbon; cover with more crepe paper

 Finished Lego Piñata!


Enjoy!
Brittney

1 comment: