Thursday, October 30, 2014

October Pinterest Challenge

My sweet friend hosted a "Pinterest Challenge" group on FaceBook for the month of October. It was a closed group where any lady in the group could share "pins" that they tried (or failed). It has been so much fun to see what other ladies are trying out - from re-vamping their wardrobe, to Halloween treats, to new dinner meals! It has been great to see that I am not the only person who has a ton of "pins" and is trying to find the time to try them all out! Well, I did not share every single thing that I tried, but I did try to take pictures of what I tried out and will do a side by side of the original "pin" with a link. Oh Pinterest - I. Am. Addicted.

Garlic Macaroni and Cheese - this was delicious and now I know how to steam garlic bulbs!



My 30th Birthday Rose Ombre Cake - the white chocolate buttercream was amazing and I will be using that recipe for my son's upcoming birthday cake!


Lego Pull PiƱata - this was so easy to make! Diaper box, 6 x empty cans, some hot glue and crepe paper. It's a ribbon pull pinata, so every kid will get to pull a ribbon and one will open the candy 'door' to release the treats.


White Chicken Chili - Since I LOVE Fall, I am all about chili! This chili made a lot and was very tasty. Plus you can throw everything in your crockpot! Try it out!


Painted Pumpkin with Witch Hat - fun decoration for Halloween with free printable!


German Chocolate Brownie Bites - makes four dozen brownie bites. Plenty if you are going to a party/event and need a dessert to take.


Lego Treat Bags - this lady created Lego brick free printables for any color of treat bag you want to use. Super helpful and they turned out so cute. I did have to cut out 96 circles... but who's counting?!


Baked Parmesan Zucchini - I often struggle with a side dish for dinner. This was delicious and easy and I will probably be making it weekly!


Superman Costume - Confession: I do not get excited about dressing up for Halloween anymore. I prefer enjoy it through the eyes of my children. That said, I needed a costume this year for a few parties/events we were attending. I didn't want to go too crazy or spend a lot of money on something I would never wear again so I decided to go as Clark Kent. I bought a Superman shirt for $12 in the Men's department at Target, used my own jeans, white button down, and glasses. Thanks Pinterest!


Apple Strudel - Oktoberfest was this past month and I had to try my hand at some Apple Strudel! This wasn't very difficult to make and with some cool whip it was so good to eat! I will be making this again next year.


Lego Pumpkin Template - In case you hadn't guessed, my son is really into Legos. I found this awesome template of a 'Lego Head' that my son could not wait to carve out with his dad at his Preschool's "Pumpkin Carving with Daddy" event. He was so proud! 


Spaghetti Squash - I always feel like I'm making this wrong. Well, this tutorial showed me how to make longer strands of squash which we just dumped marinara sauce on top of. It was divine. 


Jalepeno Popper Cheesy Garlic Bread - Oh please make this bread! It has just enough spiciness and cheesiness that will not disappoint! Serve warm!


Tissue Paper Turkey Place Settings - I know, I know... Halloween still hasn't come and I am prepping for Thanksgiving... this should not surprise most of you! This year my parents and sister are coming for Thanksgiving, so I had the boys help me make these cute 'turkey' place settings. They loved using glue sticks to get the tissue paper on. I made the turkey bodies out of scrapbook paper and glued a piece of toilet paper roll to the back so they stand. 



Happy Pinterest Challenge! 

Enjoy!
Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment