Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Crockpot Beer Chicken

I've been really wanting to try "Beer Can Chicken" on the grill, but since my husband works the grill and doesn't get home until late, I decided to make my own tipsy chicken in the crockpot! The chicken is super moist and delicious, although I think it will have less of a vinegar-y taste if you use an Amber beer, I used a Pale Ale. My chicken was 3.5 lbs and took about 3.5 hours to cook on HIGH.

Crockpot Beer Chicken

- 3.5-4 lb. whole chicken
- butter
- beer
- 1 cup of water
- BBQ rub, I used one by McCormick Grill Mates
- 1 lemon cut into 4 slices

1. Wash your chicken well and dry it with paper towels.
2. Rub butter all over your chicken.
3. Place lemon slices on the bottom of your crockpot and put chicken on top. Smear BBQ rub all over your chicken.
4. Pour beer and water. Make sure the liquid is touching your chicken, if not, add more water.
5. Cook on HIGH for 3.5-4 hours.

Grill Mates Memphis Pit BBQ Rub and beer

 Chicken on bed of lemon slices with BBQ rub

 Chicken in beer/water bath

 Cooked chicken after 3.5 hours

Tipsy Chicken

Enjoy!
Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment