Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Edible KoolAid Play Dough

Last week my older son had "Music Camp" from 9 am - 1 pm every day. Although he had a blast, he still needed to take a nap after camp, and my younger son had already taken a nap. So I decided to make the baby some edible play dough to play with because of course he sticks everything in his mouth and I didn't want him eating regular play dough. I searched and searched for a good recipe and this one turned out alright. I would recommend mixing all your dry ingredients first and then slowly add the water to get your dough to the right texture. I added everything together and had to keep adding flour to get my dough to not be so 'sticky'. What a mess! I have another recipe I want to try with peanut butter... sounds yummy. Oh and Palmer ate a lot of his little ball of KoolAid play dough, and a lot of it was stuck to his hands!

Ingredients

- 1 cup water
- 1 packet KoolAid
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil

1. Mix your dry ingredients together.
2. Add oil and slowly add your water to get the dough consistency you want.

 KoolAid packets

 Ingredients combined

 Sticky Dough

 Playing/Eating Play Dough

He had fun!

Enjoy!
Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment