Friday, October 4, 2013

Candy Corn Cupcakes

I volunteered to provide cupcakes for our MOPS Bake Sale this weekend during our annual Craft Fair. I had seen a picture of "Candy Corn Cupcakes," but I was feeling a tad "semi-homemade" and put my own spin on these cupcakes. I used store bought cake mix and store bought whipped frosting. I used gel food coloring (the best kind of food coloring) to mix the yellow and orange frosting colors for the Candy Corn. I placed the frosting in piping bags and used a large star burst frosting tip to decorate. Now I did this project in 2 steps, the actual cupcakes and then the packaging of individual cupcakes to sell at the Bake Sale. I will show you in the pictures below!

Of course my son and I had to try them out - too cute not to eat!

 Baked Cupcakes placed in small Solo cups


 "Candy Corn" Frosting: Yellow, Orange, White

Cupcake with Cling Wrap and a Twisty Tie = Individually Wrapped!

Individually Wrapped Candy Corn Cupcakes

Kinley and his Cupcake

 Yummy!

Enjoy!
Brittney



No comments:

Post a Comment