Thursday, October 24, 2013

Product Review: Beaba Babycook

With my first child I worked full time so making baby food was not one of my priorities. Second baby came around and I decided to try making his baby food. I bought a gently used Beaba Babycook on eBay for $55 and started pureeing. I love this product! It is so easy to use and make baby food with. We have pureed squash, sweet potatoes, green beans, broccoli and peas, carrots, pears, peaches, apples, and spinach with banana. My baby loves his food and my older son enjoys 'cooking' the food (pressing the button)!

The Beaba Babycook steams your food that you cut up or place inside the steamer catch. Once your food is ready, you empty the water that has collected at the bottom into a cup, place your steamed food in the food processor cup and puree away! Now you can add none, some, or all of the used water that you put to the side into your food to make it more liquid-like. I don't usually use the water for pears or peaches, since they are super juicy already. But for the sweet potatoes and green beans the water is a must because those veggies are much thicker.

Once I puree the food I place it in little containers that I freeze or in my Beaba Multiportion Freezer Tray I bought on Amazon. I wait for the food to freeze then I easily pop the food portions out and place them in a freezer bag, which I label with what type of food it is and the date. The frozen food is good up to 3 months in the freezer.

One thing I LOVE about the Beaba Babycook is that it also defrosts the frozen portions of food. You set the Beaba up the same way you would steam food, only you place a frozen portion in a microwave safe container and let the Beaba do its magic and defrost the food. You can also place frozen portions in little containers and into the fridge to defrost if you aren't going to need that food right away to feed your little one.

I am very pleased with this product and strongly recommend it to anyone looking to make their baby's first foods! If you are interested in other baby food recipes I have looked to You Tube and Weelicious for ideas and a step by step process to make the baby food. Super easy to do!

My Beaba Babycook, Top 100 Purees Cookbook and OXO Tot freezer set

 My son 'cooking' Spinach with Bananas

 Beaba Multiportion Freezer Tray with Pears 

 Frozen carrot portions in freezer bag with the date

 Defrosting Sweet Potatoes set-up

Beaba Defrosting Magic!

Enjoy!
Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment