Sunday, March 9, 2014

Easy Irish Soda Bread

My husband is Irish, so for the past four years I have been making Irish Soda Bread. I couldn't find my original recipe, so I used Pinterest to find an easy recipe. However, it didn't stop me from adding my secret ingredient - orange zest! This year I made my Soda Bread with cranberries, usually I make it with raisins. We really love the taste of the orange zest with cranberries! Hope you like it as much as we do!

Irish Soda Bread

Ingredients

- 4 cups flour (plus 4 tbsp. at high altitude)
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup cranberries
- 2 cups buttermilk
- zest from 1 orange

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a baking sheet.
2. Mix all dry ingredients together, add cranberries.
3. With bread hook attachment, mix in buttermilk and orange zest.
4. Once bread dough has formed, knead into a round shape (or into 2) and place on greased baking sheet. Cut an "X" onto the top of the dough.
5. Bake for 40-45 minutes, mine took about 44 minutes.

 Secret Ingredients

 Bread in round shape with "X" cut on top before being baked 

Baked Irish Soda Bread with butter... delicious!

Enjoy!
Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment