Sunday, December 8, 2013

Fire Truck Birthday Party

Months and weeks and days of planning and my sweet 3 year old finally got to celebrate his 3rd Birthday with daddy in town! He is currently obsessed with fire trucks, so we threw a fire truck themed birthday party! I will include pictures and links to the things I used/bought/made to make this party a success!

Here in Colorado Springs you can not throw birthday parties at the local Fire Station, or have a fire truck visit your home... so I made my own "Fire Station" in our home. Nine cardboard fire trucks graced our living room and each kid was handed their own 'fire hat.' Enter the chaos. These kids had a blast! They also got to take their hat and fire truck box home with them after the party!

Menu:
- lemonade
- Royal Icing Fire Truck cookies
- hot dogs in crescent rolls
- apple slices
- popcorn
- veggie tray
- bratwursts for the adults
- red vines
- goldfish
- cupcakes

My inspiration for decor were these super cute linen bags that had a fire truck stamped on them. I found them on Etsy from the shop Jennifer's Cookies. I painted a picture of the fire truck on some paper and framed it for our party table. I also found a picture of the fire truck bags being used for a birthday party on a blog and was able to use PowerPoint to create my own cupcake toppers.

 Goody Bag "Fire Truck" Inspiration

 Hand-painted Picture of Fire Truck 

 Fire Truck Party Table

Fire Truck Cupcake Toppers

3 tissue paper 'puffs' that can be made easily here, and a banner I made with scrapbook paper from Hobby Lobby with black, red, and yellow chevron paper and red paint

 Table Scape with rented chairs (cost $10 for 10 chairs)

 Fire Truck plates from Amazon, fire truck hats from Amazon, Take and Toss cups with straws from Target, popcorn red/white bags from Party City

The Army of Fire Truck boxes!

 Royal Icing Cookies I made

Cupcakes with Fire Truck Toppers

Inside each Goody Bag I included some small candy canes, some "Cars" candy, an awesome Fire Man Badge crayon I ordered from Etsy, fire truck stickers from Amazon, and a packaged Fire Truck Cookie. I bought tags from Hobby Lobby and wrote each kids' name on them and attached them to the bag. 

Goodies!

Overall, my son had the best time playing and celebrating with his friends! I will have to upload pictures of the actual party later to show proof of all his joy and all the chaos! My favorite part of the party was when Kinley opened his presents and was so grateful and thankful to all his friends for bringing him something. I guess we are doing something right. :)

Enjoy!
Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment