Thursday, August 29, 2013

Ladies Night Dessert

I am going to a "Ladies Night" tonight with my close friends and I just can't bring myself to show up 'empty handed.' I saw this recipe and knew I had to try it! And I also had to try one, to get a picture of it for my blog, of course! I must say, the tiramisu brownies are delicious, but the coffee taste is rather strong. I may consider using only 2 tbsp. overall of the instant coffee, especially if I use the Nescafe, as that coffee tends to be on the stronger side anyway! I also like that the recipe called for sour cream as opposed to the original Tiramisu trademark of mascarpone. The sour cream mellows out the sweetness of the Cool Whip topping while taking away a bit of the bitterness of the coffee. The brownie is nice and sweet, so combining the bitter and the sweet bides well for the palate. Also, I was unable to locate some Lady Finger Cookies to use, so I used some shortbread cookies. The cookies did not maintain their integrity once the hot coffee was poured on them, so I had cookie mush to work with. Next time I will find those Lady Fingers, they really soak up liquids better while maintaining their shape. Hopefully the ladies enjoy them tonight - since they aren't too sweet or too bitter!

Ingredients:

- 1 box brownie mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 4 tbsp. instant coffee, divided
- 16 oz. container Cool Whip
- 2 1/2 cups crushed Lady Finger cookies
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 package jello pudding cheesecake
- cocoa powder, for garnish

1. Make brownies according to the package in a 13" x 9" pan.
2. In a bowl, add 2 tbsp. instant coffee to the milk and then add the pudding (3.4 oz), set aside.
3. Beat cream cheese in your mixer, add sour cream, and then pudding mixture. Once combined, add half of the Cool Whip.
4. In another bowl, add the remaining 2 tbsp. of coffee to the hot water. Pour on top of your crushed cookies to soak.
5. Once brownies have cooled, spread 1/4 of the pudding/Cool Whip mixture on top. Place the cookies on top of that and top with the remaining pudding/Cool Whip mixture. Spread remaining Cool Whip on top and sprinkle with cocoa powder.
6. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator.

 Ingredients

 Pudding/Coffee Mixture
Top: cream cheese/sour cream and then coffee/pudding and Cool Whip added
Bottom: Crushed cookies and cookies with hot water/coffee on top (mushy)

Top: Brownies with 1/4 pudding/Cool Whip mixture
Middle: Mushy Cookies
Bottom: Remaining pudding/Cool Whip and Cool Whip topped with cocoa powder

 Tiramisu Brownie

Enjoy!
Brittney


No comments:

Post a Comment