Sunday, June 23, 2013

Yucky Bananas... Make Clean Banana Bread

My husband loves banana bread and I have made this recipe a few times now. This week we had some overly ripe bananas, so I mashed them up and made bread! This recipe is considered "clean" because no sugar is added, apple sauce and honey are used as substitutes and you really can not taste a difference. I like to add 1 tsp. of vanilla to my recipe, you can never go wrong adding a little bit of vanilla extract (one of my favorite baking ingredients). This recipe is super easy and a great snack or warm up a slice with some butter for breakfast!

Ingredients

2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup apple sauce
3/4 cup honey
2 eggs beaten
3 mashed bananas
*1 tsp. vanilla

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients together with your mixer (or by hand if you are hardcore), adding the bananas last. Fold them in gently.
3. Bake for 45-60 minutes, or when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Clean Banana Bread


Enjoy!
Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment