Saturday, June 15, 2013

Birchbox Fun!

Every month I receive a little 'gift' of 5-6 beauty products from Birchbox. I LOVE getting packages in the mail and so why not gift myself one, monthly?! This month's Birchbox was probably my favorite to date, so I had to share.

Birchbox is easy to sign up for and it costs $10 a month. When you sign up you fill out a questionnaire about products you like, your hair type, skin type, etc., so every month there are products that cater to your body. You can then go to their website and purchase products at their full size, with free shipping. You also earn points as you buy products, which can help you to 'purchase' products with your points down the road. I have bought a few full sized items that I had gotten a sample of and have been pretty pleased with them thus far.

Every month Birchbox has a 'theme' for the products they send you, and this month's was Summer Travels - or Wanderlust. I received the following:

*Color Club for Birchbox Wanderlust Nail Polish in Mod in Manhatten - a neon off white
*Davines Love Smoothing Shampoo (since I have curly hair)
*Davines Love Smoothing Conditioner
*Davines Oi/Oil Absolute Beautifying Potion
*Something Blue Perfume by Oscar de la Renta
*Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser

June 2013 Birchbox

 World-ly Postcards

Mod in Manhattan Neon Off-White Nail Polish 

Quite the box! So I decided to try each item out and report my findings. I took a shower and washed my hair with the Davines Love Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner. The shampoo sort of made my hair feel dry, so I wasn't a huge fan. The conditioner smelled awesome and I really liked how it moisturized my hair - which is needed here in the dry state of Colorado! I loved the lemony scent of the Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser and it really left my skin smooth after my shower. I applied the Davines Oi/Oil to my hair after I towel dried it and I felt it helped keep my 'frizzies' under control. I really liked the Oscar de la Renta Something Blue Perfume - it smells of mandarin and linden blossoms. I'm a huge floral scent fan when it comes to perfume. My 'go to' scent is Poppy by Coach. Now for the nail polish... it's not my favorite color per say. I'm more of a pink/red/orange nail polish girl, but it was fun to try something new!

Also, I really liked that Birchbox included a bunch of postcards in my box for my future 'World Travels' - guess it's time to plan a trip!




Enjoy!
Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment