Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Caprese Stuffed Chicken with Red Roasted Peppers

I love how fresh caprese salad/chicken/pizza tastes. I saw this recipe for stuffed chicken breasts with all the caprese fixings and had to try it out! I served it on a bed of brown rice and it was delicious! Love all the melted mozzarella cheese on top...

Caprese Stuffed Chicken with Red Roasted Peppers

- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, cut into 8 slices
- 1 x 12 oz. jar of red roasted bell peppers
- 1 bunch of basil, whole leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp. Italian Seasoning, I did not use this

1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and grease a baking dish.
2. Butterfly cut your chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper and Italian seasoning.
3. Stuff each chicken with red roasted peppers, a slice of mozzarella cheese, and basil leaves.
4. Optional: I could not get stuffings to stay in my chicken - so I used toothpicks to keep my chicken closed.
5. Bake chicken for 30-40 minutes.
6. Add remaining mozzarella slices on top of your chicken and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
7. Broil chicken for 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.

 Stuffed Chicken

 Toothpick shot

Melted cheese on top... yummy!

Enjoy!
Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment