Sunday, January 25, 2015

Valentine's Peek-a-Boo Mason Jar

Ok, first Valentine's idea! All of the stores around here were filling their shelves with Valentine's Day stuff before we had even celebrated New Year's this year! Well Valentine's Day has since been in the back of my mind. We love those little 'conversation heart' candies, and I loved this idea I saw on Facebook. It is a Mason Jar painted with chalkboard paint and has a heart peek-a-booing out! I just used a piece of paper I cut a heart out of and used a lot of tape to stick it on the jar while I painted it. If you have a Silhouette cutter, you could make your own heart sticker to use (I'm sure that will make this project easier!). I painted my Mason Jar with three coats of chalkboard paint. I decorated my jar with some ribbon, a cupcake wrapper to cover the metal lid, and of course chalk!

My husband will not be here for Valentine's Day this year, as his grandmother is turning 90 and he will be at her big celebration. So... we are celebrating Valentine's Day next weekend! Stay tuned for a fun cake I will be making and I may have to whip up some chocolate fondue!

Chalkboard paint, paper heart, sponge brush, Mason Jar

Painted Mason Jar

Peek-a-Boo Conversation Hearts!

Enjoy!
Brittney


No comments:

Post a Comment