Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day Baked Oatmeal

Happy Mother's Day! I hope all of you mommies were spoiled and felt the love from your little ones this Sunday. You deserve it! Even though my husband offered to make me breakfast, I really wanted something other than sausage and pancakes. So I made us all Baked Oatmeal with Lemon and Blueberries - and it was de-wicious (as my 2 year old would say)!

We had a lovely morning just hanging out after breakfast and then my husband and I strapped the boys into our double jogging stroller and went on a 5k run. I had gotten a pink Garmin running watch for Mother's Day and I was excited to try it out - not too excited that half our run was straight uphill though!

I hope you get to try out this oatmeal and have a wonderful week.

Baked Oatmeal with Lemon and Blueberries

*oatmeal can be made the night before and placed in the refrigerator overnight

Ingredients

2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
zest of 1 lemon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
2 tbsp. butter, melted
2 cups milk
1 egg
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix oats, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and lemon zest together in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the butter, egg, and sugar together.
4. Grease an 8 in. square baking dish.
5. Place 1/2 of the oatmeal mixture on the bottom of the greased dish. Top with 1 cup blueberries.
6. Sprinkle remaining oatmeal mixture on top of the blueberries. Top with remaining cup of blueberries.
7. Pour in the milk mixture and sprinkle a dash of nutmeg on top.
8. Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.

 Baked Oatmeal

 Perfect Mother's Day breakfast

New running watch from my two sweet boys!

Enjoy!
Brittney


No comments:

Post a Comment