Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Blueberry Lemonade Pops

It's summer and it's hot outside! A friend of mine told me she bought some silicone popsicle molds for her kids to make popsicles... so I had to jump on that bandwagon! I bought a Zoku Space Pops mold and it makes 6 pops. The recipe I am using I found in an Eating Well magazine for the Blueberry Lemonade Pops. I think they need at least 10 hours to freeze completely, after about 6 hours, they were mostly frozen but melted quickly as my kids ate them - very messy!

Blueberry Lemonade Pops

- 1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh of frozen (thawed), I used fresh
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 cup lemonade

1. Combine blueberries, honey, lemon zest and vinegar in a microwave safe bowl. Cover it with plastic wrap and poke a few holes in the top. Microwave on high for 3 2 minutes. Stir the mixture, microwave for another minute.
2. Uncover and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
3. Using a strainer, strain all the juice into a separate bowl while pressing the blueberries to get the juice.
4. Add lemonade.
5. Stir and pour mixture into your popsicle molds and allow to freeze for 8-10 hours.

 Zoku Space Pops

 Microwaved blueberries, lemon zest, honey and apple cider vinegar

 Strained juice in a bowl with a spout before adding lemonade

 Lemonade added to blueberry mixture

Delicious!

Enjoy!
Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment