Saturday, August 23, 2014

Kids Fall Leaf Garland

My kids love to color - although they aren't very good at it yet! So I thought of a simple way to take their 'scribble' artwork and transform it into something we could make together. I had my kids color on a few pieces of 'Fall' colored construction paper and then I cut leaves out of the paper. We then punched a hole in each leaf and I had my son 'sew' the leaves onto some yarn to make a fun garland for Fall!

We are super excited for cooler weather and school to start. I absolutely love Fall and can't wait to kick it off with a Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks this Monday and to share my new Fall wreath I made with you!

Kids Fall Leaf Garland

Supplies:

- construction paper (we used green, red, orange, yellow)
- crayons/markers
- hole punch
- scissors
- yarn
- tape

1. Have your kids color on your Fall construction paper.
2. Trace and cut different leaf shapes out of the paper.
3. Punch a hole at the end of each leaf.
4. Cut a long strand of yarn and tie off one end and then tape off the top by wrapping a piece of tape around your yarn to make a 'needle.' Have your kids 'sew' the leaves onto the yarn using the needle.
5. Hang up your new Fall garland!

 Kinley and Palmer coloring their paper (yes Palmer tried to eat the marker...)!

 Traced leaves

Kinley 'sewing' the garland together

Happy Fall!

Enjoy!
Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment