Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Home Updates

Wow! This year is flying by! We have been very busy with projects around our house! To include getting a new sliding door in our kitchen, getting some new pieces of furniture and painting two more rooms! I have made our 'bonus' room a functional room that has a desk and computer set up for our kids to do homework at and a bookshelf that we were able to unbox the rest of our books and display them on. We hope to add a bed in that room, making our home a six-bedroom.

Last year my husband got me a beautiful live-edge dining table set for my birthday and we had an issue getting the bench delivered to us. This year - it arrived! Below are pictures of the new bench. We also bought a new mirror and credenza for that room and it is coming along. All I need to complete the look is some more decor and a chandelier.

 Live Edge Bench by Sunny Designs

Stockholm Credenza and Mirror from IKEA, baskets from Etsy

We had these beautiful French doors in our kitchen but due to them being installed improperly and the settling of the house, they were warped and leaking in cold air. So, we had a custom sliding door made and installed and it is beautiful! I'm still getting used to it - it is extremely wide and lets in a lot of light, but no cold air! 

 Before: French Doors

After: Sliding Door

Back in July I painted our bedroom Sherwin Williams Origami White. I just love this color and how much brighter our room looks now! Decor is still a work in progress but I did update my 'gallery wall' above the bed to a more modern look that turned out so nice!

 Master Bedroom Before we moved in

Painted this room in 2 days

 SW Origami White!

 New duvet/pillow and old gallery wall

 Modern Gallery Wall: frames

 Love this!

I painted my kids' grey/beige bathroom a nice white. It's amazing how much better a room can look with a new coat of paint! 

 Before: Grey/Beige

 Before

 First coat of paint

 Complete!

Elephant print from Homegoods

On the main floor we have a 'bonus room' that was set up as an office for the previous owners. We have used it as a storage room for extra boxes and I decided to clean it out and paint it so that it could be a functional computer/reading room, and one day another guest room. I painted the room Sherwin Williams On the Rocks gray. Here are the results!

 Unfinished Crown Moulding

 Using spackle to cover nail heads in crown moulding and then I caulked the top and bottom of the moulding to seal it

 Before Painting

 First Coat of Paint

 First Coat of Paint

 Second Coat of Paint - next to paint crown moulding 

 Finished room! Bookcase and desk with computer

 Painted crown moulding white and installed curtains

Bought shag carpet off OfferUp!

Enjoy!
Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment