Friday, May 8, 2015

Homemade Zesty Hummus

I have been dying to make my own hummus, since my family loves it so much! I bought some chickpeas and decided to make it. I placed everything in my food processor and let it do all the work. I slowly added my olive oil to get the hummus to the consistency that I wanted. Dip celery, carrots, pita chips, or crackers in it and enjoy!

Anyone do the new iMac update??? iPhoto no longer exists and I do not like the new "Photo" app for my computer. It is super slow and set up poorly. Bummer.

Zesty Hummus

- 2 x 15 oz. cans of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil + 2 tbsp. to drizzle on top
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. oregano

1. Blend all ingredients in your food processor.

 Rinsed garbanzo beans

 All ingredients in food processor

Zesty Hummus with EVOO drizzle

Enjoy!
Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment