Thursday, July 17, 2014

One Pot Thai Curry

My family loves Asian food and I love curry! This was an easy dish to make and didn't take as long to cook as I thought it would. I think it took me longer to chop all the veggies up! We still need to put a small bead of clear silicone between the backsplash tile base and the granite countertops to protect it from water seeping behind all our hard work. Then I promise to post pictures and DIY tips.

This weekend we are headed to the mountains! Kyle is running a half marathon plus (14.7 miles) up and down the ski slopes of Vail. He will gain 5500 ft. in elevation! Although this sounds nuts, I know he's going to do awesome! Plus we get to enjoy Vail in the Summertime!

Anyways... I have to share this recipe since I am in the kitchen again!

One Pot Thai Curry

- 1 1/4 lb chicken, cut into strips
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips (I only had a red one)
- 1 small onion, cut into strips
- 1 cup eggplant, diced
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil, divided
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh ginger, chopped (I used the kind in the tube)
- 1 tbsp. fresh garlic, minced
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk (I used lite)
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 2 tsp. fish sauce (I used duck sauce, couldn't find fish sauce)
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. heaping of red curry
- fresh basil, cut into strips
- lime slices for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
*- bamboo shoots (optional)
*- portabello mushrooms, sliced (optional)

1. In a large pot, heat 1 tbsp. of sesame oil and the olive oil over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic, 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the chicken and cook until no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside.
3. Add the other tbsp. of sesame oil and the vegetables. Cook until soft and fragrant, about 6-8 min.
4. Return the chicken to the pot and add the coconut milk, chicken stock, fish sauce, sugar, and Thai curry paste. Blend well and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Before serving, add the basil. Serve over rice.

 Ingredients (bamboo shoots can not pictured)

 Cooked ginger/garlic chicken

 Sautéing the vegetables

Curry served over rice!

Enjoy!
Brittney


No comments:

Post a Comment