Monday, July 28, 2014

Bulgogi



When I was younger my family had the opportunity to live in Okinawa, Japan for three years. We visited Thailand and Korea while we were there and my family developed a love for Asian/Oriental cuisine. A famous Korean dish of marinaded steak is called Bulgogi. Delicious. I am sharing with you a family recipe - although I did add the soy sauce. I feel the marinade was more of a rub and needed a liquid to help coat the steak as it marinated overnight. I hope you enjoy this dish!

Ingredients

- 1 lb. sirloin steak
- 1 1/2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. chopped scallions
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 3/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2-3 carrots, shredded

1. Mix all ingredients together and cut steak into strips. Pour marinade over steak and allow to sit for 3 hours, or overnight.
2. Grill meat or cook in a large pan. Serve over rice.

 Cooking marinaded steak

Bulgogi over rice

Enjoy!
Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment