Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Kid-Friendly Apple Vanilla Pancakes

My kids loved these pancakes! You can drizzle honey or syrup on them and the recipe made enough for us to eat them for two days! They are from the Weelicious cookbook and sort of taste like apple pie. I was able to prep the batter the night before although, I would recommend adding a tad more flour the next day if you do this, as the buttermilk was not as fluffy the next day. I just added about 3 tbsp. of flour and the batter was thicker. I hope you all enjoy these - your kids will love them!

Apple Vanilla Pancakes

- 1/2 cup diced apples, I used honey crisp
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil, or coconut oil
- 1 1 /2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt

1. In a small bowl, mix your apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon together.
2. In a separate bowl, mix your flour, baking powder, and salt together.
3. In a third bowl, mix your buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla together.
4. Add your flour mixture to the buttermilk bowl. Mix thoroughly.
5. Add your apples to the buttermilk batter and mix.
6. Make your pancakes in a large skillet over medium heat.
7. Serve warm with butter, syrup, or honey.

 3 Bowls: Buttermilk mixture, apple mixture, flour mixture

 Adding apples to buttermilk and flour mixture

 Pancakes!

 So many...

Breakfast is served!

Enjoy!
Brittney

1 comment:

  1. Making these tomorrow! I can't wait. I love that it is a sneaky way to get my picky toddler to eat some apples. (I don't know how this kid doesn't like apples, but that's another story.)

    ReplyDelete